Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Trip Report: Lunch at the Riviera (Day 4, Part 2 | July 2021)

 We continued in the same direction and rode Journey Into Imagination. I love Figment!

It was hot so we stayed in the Imagination pavilion and went to the DVC lounge. I got some root beer while dad got the cherry Coke Zero. They also had animal crackers. It’s nice being up there. You can rest and recharge-yourself and your phone.











Rested up we made our way to World Showcase to head out. On the way, we filled our water bottles. I stopped in the gift shop at the International Gateway to buy the Food and Wine ears.


Cast Members were rushing around. When we left the store, we saw a woman sitting who was overheated. The Florida heat and humidity is no joke. Please take care of yourself. I hope she had a fast recovery.


My shopping complete, we got on the Skyliner to go to the Riviera. Does anyone else feel like the Skyliner is superior to the monorail, because I’m starting to feel that way. Don’t tell my dad. Our Skyliner did stop a bit and it swung in the wind. It’s just an added thrill ride.





Our plan was to pick up lunch at Primo Piatto. We’d heard mixed things about being able to order at a resort’s quick service if you aren’t staying there. We were able to submit our mobile order with no issues. As we waited four our food, I also looked for a dinner reservation.. Typically, we don’t do sit-down dining on these father-daughter trips. On one trip we got a last minute one at Trattoria Al Forno which was an amazing meal. We thought it would be fun to try again. Trattoria didn’t have anything. I check Trail’s End because we always talk about it, but never eat there. We ended up with a reservation at Citrico’s. 


For lunch we split a pepperoni flatbread and the herb fries. It was good, but nothing mind blowing. Goofy and Pluto also came out while we were eating. They were on the balconies off the lobby. I stopped in the gift shop to buy the Topolino’s plushes. I regretted not buying them in January so I had to take the opportunity. 











We went back to All Star Movies. At Riviera we just got on the first bus since any would take us to a park. An Animal Kingdom one pulled in as we got to the bus stop. Then, we took a bus to our hotel. 








No comments:

Post a Comment