Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Trip Report: Travel Time (Day 1, Part 1 | December 2021)

 Friday, December 13th

I’m beginning my trip report the day before we’re flying again. We’re also spending the night in Buffalo through Park and Fly again. It’s just so convenient-especially if you have a very early flight. 


I took this day off so I could relax. It also gave me time to clean and spend quality time with my cat before leaving. Around 1:45 I headed to my mom’s to drop off the Murphy cat. I also talked to her for a bit. This was Murphy’s first stay with her in a couple of years, but I’m sure they’ll be happy together.


On my way to my dad’s I stopped at the bank to get cash. I don’t typically carry cash so I need it for my tips.


My stepmom did work today, so we couldn’t head to Buffalo until around 5 PM. We got dinner at Cracker Barrel which is now one of our traditions. I got a BLT and a salad which was good. 


We stayed at a new hotel this time. It was the Days Inn. We picked it because it was very close to the airport and had on-site parking. I thought it was a nice hotel and found the staff to be friendly. 


I moved some of the stuff in my suitcases around because I didn’t like how they were packed. Then, I took a unisom and fell asleep around 9:30. My goal was to start the trip off with a good night’s sleep.


Saturday, December 14th

It’s the official travel day!


And my hopes for a good night's sleep were dashed. I woke up around 1:30 and tossed and turned until 3ish. At least I tried. 


We walked out the door of our hotel around 4:45 AM. As we got to the lobby, the shuttle was just pulling away. We weren’t in too much of a rush so we waited patiently. The shuttle came back about 10 minutes later. More people showed up while he was gone. Now, there were more people than could fit. People were pretty mean to the driver who was also working the front desk. I felt bad and gave him an extra tip. So did my dad.


The airport was actually pretty busy-especially for Buffalo. But we checked in and headed to security. My stepmom’s TSA precheck fell off her account so she had to go through the regular line. Our flight was out of gAte 19 and my boarding position was A19 which was interesting. Maybe only to me. Lots of shops and restaurants were open early. They weren’t the last time we flew. Maybe things are returning to normal.



We boarded around 6:00 and that was a pretty fast process. I bought WiFi on the plane so I could buy Genie+ make a reservation at 7 AM. I was able to get a 11:25 Lightning Lane for Big Thunder. I also played with the lenses that came with Genie+. 





This was also the first flight I had without any nerves or fear. Starting Lexapro several years ago helped, but didn’t make it go away completely. I really credit watching Mentour Pilot’s YouTube channel. He covers aviation accidents which may sound terrifying. Instead, it helps me see how rare accidents are and all the efforts that go into protecting you.


I watched some downloaded YouTube videos and Disney+ videos. Olaf Presents is absolutely hilarious-highly recommend.






We landed at MCO at 8:50 which was over 30 minutes early. Fortunately, our gate was ready for us so we didn’t have to wait around. We disembarked, got our bags, and headed to Magical Express. The line was long and went back to the second elevator. But like usual, it moved fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment