Thursday, March 31, 2022

Trip Report: Cavalcade Time (Day 1, Part 2 | December 2021)

 We were staying at separate hotels so we parted ways here. I walked right onto my bus, but waited about ten minutes for more guests before pulling away. I think it was the same driver we had in July. Our bus stopped at the Riviera and Caribbean Beach before Pop Century. That was my hotel so I got off but they did then continue on to Art of Animation.


My room wasn’t ready, which wasn’t a surprise because it was pretty early. So, I left my bags with Bell Services. She asked if I wanted my bags sent to the room when it was ready instead of calling or picking them up. I’ve never been offered that before and said “yes”. She said it would take awhile, but I planned to be at the park all day so I didn’t mind. 


A Magic Kingdom bus was waiting when I got to the bus stop. It was one of the double buses. I breezed through security and met my parents by the flagpole. My parents got there about 10 minutes before me. We heard the Celebration Cavalcade, but it went backstory so we didn’t really get to see it.


I popped in the Emporium, because I was looking for the Earidescent ears. They had tons so I bought a pair. 


We did have some time to kill before our Big Thunder Lightning Lane so we split lunch at Casey’s Corner. We got the corn dog nuggets with cheese sauce. It was just what we needed to tide us over until our reservation this afternoon.







Then, we went to Big Thunder which is a good ride to star your trip with. With our LL, we walked right on. I did have trouble making another reservation for Denise so she talked to a Cast Member at Big Thunder. She was able to fix it. That was the only issue with Genie+ the whole trip. We wanted to stay in this area of the park so I was looking for a Splash or Pirates LL. 



I got a 2:05 Lightning Lane for Pirates of the Caribbean so we had a while to go. We decided to go to Tom Sawyer Island because dad and I enjoyed our last time there. We really just wandered around and explored the island. That barrel bridge is kind of a leg workout.









Back in the main part of Frontierland, we watched The Country Bears. I’m always happy when the crowd enjoys the show because it’s one of my favorites.










A cavalcade was starting in 10 minutes and more would be coming every 10 minutes. So, we decided to get a seat and watch them all. The Country Bears were also hanging out on their balcony about the attraction which was cool. 













After the cavalcades, it was time to use our Lightning Lane for Pirates. When we were in line, I booked another LL at Splash Mountain for around 5 PM.


Then, we went to Fantasyland so I could take pictures. We also stopped in some stores looking for Ariel ears for one of my cousin's daughters. My parents bought those and I bought two pairs for myself at Fantasy Faire. We walked through the Castle to get back to Main Street. I’m so glad we’re able to do that still.












No comments:

Post a Comment