Friday, March 11, 2022

Trip Report: Citrico’s Dinner (Day 4, Part 3 | July 2021)

 At All Star Movies, we stopped in the gift shop. I picked up a magnet and a powerade. In the room, we checked our Southwest boarding passes and Magical Express pick up time. I also started packing. 

I learned Citrico’s, being a signature restaurant, has a slight dress code. My biggest concern was no tank tops which was all I had. I put on a cardigan, but honestly I don’t think it’s a big deal.


Around 6:45, we left the room. Our reservation was at 8:35 PM. We stopped to look around the Toy Story section before going to the bus stop. 









We took a bus to Magic Kingdom and then a boat to Grand Floridian. When the Cast Member came with the boat he said he was going to the Grand, but went to the wrong line. My dad asked the other CMs if he could be trusted 🤣. We did get there safely.




We had about an hour to kill so we walked around and checked out the gift shops. Dad bought a Hawaiian shirt which he’s gotten into. It was pricey, but he could use his discount.


Dad wanted to try the Enchanted Rose. We sat on a couch and got drinks. Dad likes scotch so he got Johnny Walker Blue. I got a B&B which was a non-alcoholic cocktail. I liked it. There was an obnoxiously loud guy in the lounge, but other than that it was nice.














We aren’t always appetizer people, but when at a signature dining…or something. Dad got the pork belly which he loved. I got the corn bisque which was so good. It tasted just like liquified corn in the best possible way. The corn flavor really shined. I still think about that soup.

For an entree, dad got the short ribs. Again he really enjoyed it. I got the rigatoni which was the vegan dissh. It had an “egg” on top which was really a yellow tomato. It was very good and I especially liked the zucchini. I would recommend it to vegans and non-vegans. 


I was full, but dad wanted dessert so he ordered the apple rose. I tried to bite and it was good-not too heavy.









We thought about walking to Magic Kingdom, but were tired so decided on taking a bus to Disney Springs. That may have been a mistake, because it took a long time. We started to worry, but a bus did show up around 11. It took a bit to catch a bus at Disney Springs, too. Ultimately, we ended up in the room around midnight so it was a late night. 


Dad stopped in the lobby at the dog tag/ID machine and made a tag for his horse, Gabe. In the room,I showered, finished packing, updated my notes, and went to bed.


Today’s Highlight: Citrico’s dinner


Steps Walked: 13,644


No comments:

Post a Comment