Friday, March 4, 2022

Trip Report: Relaxing at Epcot (Day 4, Part 1 | July 2021)

 Saturday, July 24, 2021

Today I set my alarm for 8:30, but I woke up about 15 minutes early. I actually didn’t have the best night of sleep. I woke up a few times. Dad said it was the same for him so maybe there’s something in the air. His fitbit had a rough night, too because it didn’t charge.


Our plan was to rope drop Epcot so we could ride Test Track. At least with Epcot, you can wake-up early and not be up at the crack of dawn. We waited about 10-15 minutes for a bus-another charter bus. We breezed through security and around 10:15 they let us through the turnstiles. Are they still called turnstiles even though there’s no turning? The guy who scanned-in in front of me had a pass that said Golden Oak. I’ve never seen that before and would love to live there someday.


We walked to Mouse Gear and then were stopped again. We saw some Cast Members walk by who seemed to be going through orientation. Good luck to them!






Before they would let us keep walking a CM told us we had to take an Epcot oat. Basically saying we wouldn’t run and hurt each other. This is the quality stuff I like from my Cast Members. I recorded the whole thing so it’ll be in a trip vlog on the YouTube channel if you want to check it out.


Around 10:30 they let us walk to Test Track and get in line. I didn’t know you could design your car again so that was a happy surprise. We rode pretty quickly and they did put a single rider with us which was fine with us. We stopped in the gift shop to buy some stuff for my nephew and future niece. She was due in about a month.







Then we stopped in Mouse Gear (RIP) to see if they had any Food and Wine merchandise. I picked up a magnet and far too many pins. I asked at the counter if they had any for the festival and they had more than I expected. I think there were seven and I bought six (because I have some self-control).


We also popped in the Mission Space gift shop for more gifts for my nephew. He really likes transportation and space. We ended up getting a NASA space shuttle toy. There was also a service dog working with the Cast Member at the counter. I love seeing the dogs.





We stayed in Future World, but headed to the other side of the park. We rode the Nemo ride which was basically a walk on and is a cute little ride.


The aquarium was fun like always. The seahorses were swimming around fast. I also saw a manatee poop. They’re my favorite animal, so I love seeing them do pretty much anything. Apparently, we saw an “aggressive” ray. I have no idea what that means, but it’s in my notes. Maybe that’ll show up in the vlog, too.













After checking out our underwater friends, we stayed on this side of the park and went to The Land pavilion. We rode Living with the Land. It’s always a relaxing and fun ride.















No comments:

Post a Comment