Sunday, April 3, 2022

Pop Century Resort

 In December 2021, I stayed at Pop Century for the first time. Well, technically, I spent one night there in 2007, but I don’t count that. It’s a very popular Value resort and is one of the more expensive ones especially now that it has the Skyliner. I’ve stayed at the All Star Resorts multiple times and I’ve always been happy there. So, I’ve never seen the point in paying extra for another value resort. But I went for it this trip.





Now that I’m home I wanted to talk about the resort, room, and my experience. I never ate at the food court so I have no commentary on that. But below are my thoughts and opinions.


The Rooms

The rooms at Pop Century are standard for a Disney Value resort. They’ve also been refurbished so there’s no carpet and they have a pull-down instead of a second bed. I’m a huge fan of the pulldown beds. It’s especially nice as someone who is often in a room by myself and doesn’t need the extra bed.









Overall, the room felt very clean and bright. Disney has pulled back on the over-the-top theming, but you still know it’s a room on Disney property. The bathroom vanity area is great. It has a ton of storage and counter space. You can sleep four here, but if it was four adults you might feel cramped. It’s particularly noticeable when the second bed is down. Now, let’s talk about amenities and comfort. I love the beds. They are just perfect for me. It’s the goldilocks of beds-not too firm and not too soft. I’m less of the pillows. They’re very squishy. Like they completely engulf my head. There was also no shortage of them. Part of that is there being two beds and me being only one person, but it’s still a lot. I liked it because I’m used to sleeping with my cat next to me. So, I just cocooned myself in pillows to try and simulate that.


Transportation

One of the selling points of Pop Century is the transportation.


Like the All Star Resorts, it does have buses. They go from the front of the resort to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, and the water parks. I find the buses run fairly often. One downside is that the bus stops have no shade. There are some benches under a cover, but someone else in your party would still have to wait in line. 


Pop also shares a Skyliner with Art of Animation. This will take you to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. You do have to transfer at the Carribean Beach resort which can add to your travel time-especially in the early morning. I find it to be a beautiful and relaxing ride with nice views.




My Final Thoughts

I’m glad I finally stayed at Pop Century. It lived up to the hype and the Skyliner is a nice addition. Although I don’t think the Skyliner justifies the price increase from the All Stars. When it comes to Value Resorts, I’ll probably stick with the All Stars-especially if I’m staying in the room alone.


Thanks for reading!
Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment