Sunday, February 6, 2022

Trip Report: Cheese and Snails (Day 2, Part 1 | July 2021)

 Thursday, July 22, 2021

Today was an Epcot day and it opens later than the other parks. We’re  big fans of that. We slept in a bit today and I woke up at 9:30. I got around slowly. I enjoyed my tea and breakfast in the room. Then, we left around 10:50 to catch the bus. 


As our bus got to the Epcot gate, there was a long line of cars waiting to get in. That’s a little off-putting when you’re going to a park. At security, I left my external battery in my bag and didn’t get pulled. I feel like I always do and I don’t know what I’m doing to set stuff off.




We headed straight for the World Showcase. We wanted to try some of the Food and Wine offerings and continue the Remy scavenger hunt. On our way, we spotted a few Remy’s at the festival kiosks. 


The first item we tried was the beef poutine. Plus, I wanted to use the festival to try new and different things. It was a good and easily shareable item.


Dad got the poutine while I snagged a table on the water. A bird landed on the fence next to two ladies at another table. He just stood there with his beak open. It was weird, but he wasn’t aggressive and never went after their food. We had a very chill bunny visit our table. He just hung out and walked around like he wasn’t in any danger. Disney is a safe place for animals, but that’s not normal rabbit behavior.





As we finished the poutine, we flipped through the festival passport. We wanted to make a plan on what we wanted to try. The Tropical Breeze from Joffree’s looked good so we headed to the cart. It was basically an Arnold Palmer with some coconut syrup. We decided to get our own instead of splitting this. That was definitely a good choice. It was good and refreshing in the Florida summer heat. Since it was so hot, we sat down in the UK to finish it up. We also put the leftover ice and lemon wedge in our water bottles. That lemon wedge flavored my water as I refilled my bottle all day!




France was up next and we wanted to try a few things here. The line was long, but it always is so it was worth it to us. Dad waited in line while I wandered around France taking pictures. The pavilion was actually pretty empty. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the fountain with no people sitting around it. Then, I found a place to sit in the soon-to-be Remy area. The bench looked out on the water and Skyliner. I think it’s a beautiful view. 









We got two things in France. First was the escargot croissant. This has been offered for years and we’ve heard good things. It tasted mostly like a garlicky croissant. The escargot had a bit of a chewy texture. I had trouble eating it, but it was more in my head than an actual issue with the texture. The second item was the three-cheese beignet. Online this had been a bit controversial, but we were both interested. The beignet was a bit sweeter than I expected. The cheese was runny and really the only flavor was pepper. We both thought it tasted like bland sausage gravy.




Up Next: Feeling that Florida Heat


No comments:

Post a Comment