Thursday, February 10, 2022

Trip Report: Final Happily Ever After (Day 2, Part 3 | July 2021)

 I wasn’t 100%, but really wanted to push through so I recommended dinner. We did a walk-up waitlist at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Dad has eaten here before and really liked it. Our wait was less than five minutes.

I got the watermelon lemonade which was the perfect drink for me. Dad got the miso salmon which is a little adventurous for him. I got the fried chicken. I don’t typically like fried chicken but this was just spectacular. It was cooked perfectly and I still think about that meal.







Dad still talked about going back to the hotel. I was just worried this would be our only chance to see Happily Ever After again before it ended. Our only option was Friday and we thought the crowds would be awful.


So, we took the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. There were characters out on the train station when we walked in. We were going to try Big Thunder, but the line went down to the walkway on the water. So, we decided to just get out spots for Happily Ever After.











We got a spot in the area in front of the stage. We sat on the side so we could sit with our backs against a wall. Around 8:30/8:45 they told us we had to go to the front and we went up to the rope. It isn’t necessarily the best spot because you have to tilt your head. But I loved not having anyone in front of me. I teared up a bit when Tinkerbell flew. Happily Ever After is a beautiful and moving show that grew on me over the years.







The park didn’t close until 10. Instead of battling the crowds and lines for a bus, we went to Frontierland. Now, Big Thunder was a walk-on. We had time to ride one more time, but decided not to push it and made our way to the exit. We did kind of meander out and did some window shopping on Main Street.








The bus stops were a bit busy, but the buses were running very consistently. We got one of the charter buses. They lack some Disney magic, but it’s great to have a guaranteed seat. And shout out to the bus guy organizing everything. He did a great job and kept things flowing.


At All Star Movies, we stopped in the gift shop so I could pick-up a Powerade. Back in the room I showered, we made a bit of a plan for the next day, and then I quickly fell asleep.


Today’s Highlight: Happily Ever After


Steps Walked: 18,753


Up Next: Day 3


No comments:

Post a Comment