Thursday, January 6, 2022

Trip Report: Animal Trails (Day 4, Part 3 | January 2021)

 Then, we went on the Gorilla trail. It’s right next to the Safari and my stepmom loves the gorillas. I think she  could watch them all day. Some of the trail was under construction so we entered through the normal exit. Because of social distancing, we had to wait a bit to see the gorillas. I kind of like the distancing because it’s easier to get closer to the gorilla viewing.

We got to see the baby gorilla being breastfed which was cool. I think her name is Grace. One of the other gorillas kept staring at me. I’m not sure if that’s cute or scary. I don’t understand gorilla psychology. The meerkats were also out and cute. 






Next, we headed to my favorite animal trail-the Maharajah Jungle Trek. There’s tigers and bats, what isn’t there to love? 


On the way, I heard one of the character boats so I briskly walked to catch-up.


In the trail, I saw one tiger and a few bats. When we went into the bird section, there were a lot of birds taking baths. I’ve never seen that before. And there was a peacock showing off. But the peahen was having none of it.









All our animal adventures left us a little hungry so we went to Flame Tree BBQ for a late lunch. We were able to get a seat on the water-one of the perks of eating off hours. It’s especially nice right now because of the boats. The characters launch and return from this area so you get some good views while eating. We got to see Pocahontas, the Ducks (Donald and Daisy), Chip and Dale, and the drummers.







After lunch, we headed to Dinoland. I know a lot of people don’t love this land, but I do. I’m a big fan of kitschy stuff. First, we did Dinosaur-always a favorite and a must do. Then, we did Triceratops Spin because it was a quick walk-on. Well, only dad and I did that one.









Up Next: Beaches and Cream


No comments:

Post a Comment