Saturday, January 22, 2022

Trip Report: Two Days of Travel (Day 1, Part 1| July 2021)

 Day 0: Tuesday, July 20th

Another trip report where I’m starting my trip before the official Disney trip. This is another father-daughter trip and it was a slightly spontaneous vacation. We’ve also never been to Florida in the summer so this should be interesting.


We had a fairly early flight-leaving BUF at 6:15 AM so we decided to spend the night in Buffalo. So, this is really the first of two travel days.


I worked a full day today. I think I tried to leave a bit early, but it wasn’t very successful. At home, I did those last minute things like taking the trash out. I had one suitcase and a cat to get to the car. I’m lazy so I attempted it in one go. Fortunately, I have a nice neighbor and he helped with my suitcase. Seriously, he can’t move unless I move because he’s great. 


As I drove to my grandma’s to drop off my cat, it started to rain. I also couldn’t remember if I locked my door or not. I may have had a minor breakdown in my car. My dad told me we weren’t in a hurry and to go back to my place. I was worried about being “late” plus there was a weather advisory. My door was locked but I would’ve been worried the whole trip if I hadn’t double-checked.


I got to my dad’s around 7 and we headed to Buffalo. We took my car, but dad drove. Traffic ended up backed up on the thruway for about 2 miles before the exit. It took us like an hour. We still have no idea what caused it. Maybe construction. Maybe an accident. Maybe both.


Sadly, because of this we were too late to hit up the Cracker Barrel. We tried Denny’s, but they had to close early. Subway was closed, too. Subway was closed, too, so we ended up at McDonald’s for dinner. I realized we normally go to Buffalo on Fridays so restaurants are open later.


At the hotel, we checked in and then took the car to the off-site parking. It was in a kind of creepy place, but did seem very secure. In the room, we watched the latest Summer of Chaos video from All Ears. I took a shower and went to bed.


Day 1: Wednesday, July 21st 


Now, it’s the official travel day.


We woke up at 4 AM which is sooooo early. And we took the hotel shuttle to the airport at 4:30. While the offsite parking was a bit creepy, the employees at the hotel were very nice. Dad and I both agreed we would stay here again. 


Surprisingly, the line at the Southwest counter was pretty long. So dad called an audible and we went with a skycab (skycap? IDK). Then, we went through security. The TSA agent said something about the picture on my license. But I’m pretty sure that’s my most recent picture. 


We boarded our flight at 5:45 and were off to Midway. Originally, we booked direct flights, but Southwest moved them to having a layover. What are you going to do? I slept a bit on and off.






At Midway, we stopped at the first restaurant we saw for breakfast. I got a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich. Later I learned that restaurants had tater tots and I’m sad I didn’t get some. Then, we went to our gate which was at the other end of the airport. We definitely made a good restaurant choice because they got long lines right away. We ate and eventually got on the plane.





Around 11:30 we landed at MCO. We went to baggage claim and filled our water bottles while we waited for the bags to arrive. Once we got those, we were off to Magical Express which always feels like a mile long walk.


The Magical Express line was pretty long, but it moved quickly. We waited maybe 10 minutes for our bus once we got in line for our hotel. They still assigned seats on the bus, but there was no social distancing. Our bus driver, Virginia, was very good. We stopped at Coronado Springs first and then All Star Movies. Our room wasn’t assigned yet which wasn’t a surprise. We left our bags at Bell Services. He said we could have them delivered automatically when our room was ready. I didn’t know they could keep track that way, but it was nice.






Up Next: Feisty Sheep


No comments:

Post a Comment