Thursday, December 30, 2021

Trip Report: Leaving the Disney Bubble (Day 4, Part 1 | January 2021)

 Wednesday, January 27th

Today I woke up at 6:30. It was also Covid test day. If you want to get out of a two-week quarantine in NYS you have to be tested in Florida and then again a few days after returning to New York.


As has become standard, I ate my oatmeal on the balcony and took in the beautiful view. At 7:30 we went to the front of the hotel for our shuttle to the rental car location on Disney property. We got a Nissan Altima with Maryland plates. Just like the November trip dad and I took, we went to the Maingate testing site just off Disney property. The set up was a little different this time. The National Guard was helping run it this time. In November, we had no complaints and didn’t this time, but it was more structured now.



There was a “single riders” line. In retrospect maybe we should’ve done that one. There was one family that seemed to have a lot of issues which really slowed things down. I called my mom while waiting in line. Ultimately, it took about 90 minutes. And all of our tests were negative.




We went back to return our car. The same shuttle driver took us to Animal Kingdom. He was very nice just like our driver in November. We’ve had two great experiences with the car care center.


We arrived at the park around 11 AM. The Flight of Passage line was short so we headed to Pandora. The drummers were on the cavalcade boat as we walked by the water. I can’t wait for the entertainment in Animal Kingdom to return. It’s probably my favorite-especially in Africa. The wait ended up being about 10 minutes which is definitely great for Flight of Passage. We only stopped walking occasionally to stop at the social distancing markers.









I enjoyed Flight of Passage, but it does scare me. My dad always says you just have to throw yourself into it. I try. I also don’t think I could ride it two times in a row without getting nauseous. 


Up Next: Affection Section


No comments:

Post a Comment