Friday, January 14, 2022

Trip Report: Affection Section (Day 4, Part 2 | January 2021)

 Then we were off to Africa-my favorite land in Animal Kingdom. Really we were just passing through because we were going to Rafiki’s Planet Watch for an animation class. From the train, we got a quick look at Ranger-the newest rhino. Dad and I feel a connection to him because we met his dad when we did the rhino tour.


I checked out the displays while we waited for the animation class to begin. Someday I’ll be able to see a surgery or animal treatment.





Then, it was class time. We were drawing Dumbo. Dad and I drew him last time. Sadly, I didn’t really improve from my past experience. I still gave him chunky legs. But it’s a fun time and I would always recommend it.






My parents stopped in the bathroom so I went outside to wait. There was a sheep with her handler out there. The sheep even opened the door. I was happy to see them because I always like seeing the handlers and animals. They used to do little demonstrations on the stage. Hopefully, those will come back, too. The animals love working with their handlers. That’s why this one was out to begin with. 




After my parents came out, we headed to the Affection Section which is the petting zoo. There was an alpaca being pretty sassy with the keeper feeding it-it was pretty funny. The alpaca kept spitting on him. We walked around and looked at the other animals. 







We returned to Africa and decided to get a snack. Denise got a dole whip. Dad and I got the grilled street corn which we heard good things about. The flavors from the seasoning was good, but the corn felt a little old-it was a bit shriveled up.



Since we were already in Harambe, we got in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris. It’s always a good time. I love seeing all the animals, but I do miss the storyline. And the song from the elephant section. That was one of my favorite parts-I still listen to the song at home.









Up Next: Animal Trails


No comments:

Post a Comment