Tuesday, July 28, 2015

March 2013 Trip Report: Day 2, Part 4 (Hoop-Dee-Doo)



My notes at this point get a little jumpy. But hopefully some editing will help them make more sense.

After resting my dad and I made our way to Fort Wilderness. We were meeting Brian, Katie, and Denise.

But first we stopped at the desk in the lobby to get some birthday buttons. One for my dad and one for Katie. My dad really wanted to force the Disney spirit on Katie and I was game.

We took the boat over and walked around while we waited for the others to show up.

Once they did Denise and Brian played some checkers. Can you tell how cold it was? And we sneakily got a birthday button on Katie’s coat without her knowing.



Eventually we were able to take our family picture and head into Pioneer Hall.





Our waiter was full of puns. I like puns, but sometimes he was a little too much-especially for Katie.




We are huge fans of this show and try to do it every time we go. The food isn’t my favorite, but it’s because I’m a picky eater.



The corn was great and the mashed potatoes were super creamy. The baked beans were ok, but not our preferred style. I’m not a fan of fried chicken or ribs, but everyone else said they were good. Our dessert of strawberry shortcake was amazing as per usual.



But the star of the meal was that corn bread and honey butter. Especially the honey butter. Katie and I kept eating more bread so we could have butter.



And Katie found something she actually loved at Disney.

And then something equally amazing happened. I had scoped out the crowd and thought it might happen, but didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to jinx it.

We were sitting there and the spectacularly funny Claire came over and got my dad and he was picked to be Davy’s Angel.

I was so excited and I think Katie really enjoyed seeing my dad like that. It may have opened her eyes to the wonders of Disney.


After this and even to this day, my dad talks about how he was Davy’s angel.

I did take the time to interview him about the experience.

He said the backstage area was cramped and looked like a high school stage. As someone who danced for fifteen years I find that kind of thing interesting.

He also said it was both challenging and rewarding to find his inner angel and share that with the audience.

They gave him a picture of his time on stage and here is a picture of that picture.



We really enjoyed our time at the Hoop Dee Do Revue.

Up next: Back to the Magic Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment