Thursday, July 9, 2015

March 2013 Trip Report: Day 1, Part 3 (Back to Epcot)



We headed back to Epcot around 6:30 and were walking on Spaceship Earth just after 7. My camera battery was dying so I left it behind. So, again there aren’t a lot of pictures for this post.

This was my first ride since all of the changes. I like the future part and how it’s interactive. The lights during the descent felt a little trippy.

Like a lot of people Judi Dench isn’t my favorite. I prefer the Jeremy Irons version.

Just before 8 we split up for dinner. My parents went to the Yorkshire fish shop for fish and chips. My dad said it was good and had a very mild fish taste. His only “complaint” was that he would have liked a third piece of fish.

I went to Cantina de San Angel and got the kids empanada meal. It was good, but my boss is Cuban and makes amazing empanadas. He even told me I would be disappointed and he was right.




The chips left over







It was getting colder and windy and I was sitting outside so I was kind of uncomfortable.


When we finished our separate meals we meet back up and headed to Test Track to use our fastpasses.


I had seen ride videos so it wasn’t a complete surprise, but I liked the new design. It was a little more thrilling this way, but I miss the old pre-ride video.




When we finished Test Track it was time to get our spots for IllumiNations.





Normally, we watch from the UK, but we wanted to try something different and ended up in Norway.

Here’s the one blurry picture I have of our view.

It was a fairly good view. There were some tree branches that blocked the higher fireworks.

Unfortunately, a group of teenage girls stood near us and talked through the whole thing. I’m just more of a sit back and enjoy the show kind of person.

After the show we made our way out of the park. The plan was to go slowly and enjoy the park as it emptied out, but the cold made us move faster.

Back at the hotel I grabbed a tea from the Contempo Café and then went to the room to unpack and go to sleep.

Oh, one other thing about the room: the water pressure in the shower. Normally, water pressure is horrible in Florida and hotels in general. But this was crazy high. It actually kind of hurt and I felt like my body was going through a car wash.

Here’s the view I had from my bed on the pull out.





Up next: The first full day and foiled plans

No comments:

Post a Comment