Tuesday, July 7, 2015

March 2013 Trip Report: Day 1, Part 2 (Epcot)



After lunch we got on the monorail and made our way to Epcot. I don’t know why, but apparently I didn’t take a lot of pictures this night.

We had to get our tickets at guest relations, so when the monorail looped around the park my dad and I were joking about being in the park without tickets.

After our shenanigans we got our tickets and headed into the park.

The plan was to do Journey into Imagination, because I’m a huge Figment fan. But there was a thirty minute wait.

What?!

It was probably a mistake, but we didn’t want to risk it so we grabbed a fastpass for Test Track with a return time. Then we went to Living with the Land.

For us, Future World seems to always involve a lot of walking from one side to the other.

I love Living with the Land. I do miss having a real person narrate it, I don’t have a problem with the recorded version.

And apparently I learned the difference between a Meer cat and a prairie dog from the boy sitting behind me. But I didn’t retain that information.

Next, we headed to the Imagination Institute to hand with my favorite purple dragon.

Then, we stopped in Club Cool. I like this place and trying all the different drinks. But I miss the freezing walkway you used to have to go through.

After that we thought about going on a grand and miraculous journey. The wait time said 5 minutes for Spaceship Earth, but it looked a lot longer.

Since our room was ready we headed back to Bay Lake Tower.

We checked out the room and hung out for about an hour.

The room was nice. There was some wear and tear, but nothing particularly bad. And the space was more confined then I expected, but we were comfortable. It’s also interesting because the rooms are curved throughout because of the architecture.

One odd thing: apparently there’s no ice machines. My dad and I wandered around and never found one. I know there’s a freezer in the room, but what if I need a lot of ice.










Up next: back to Epcot for dinner and IllumiNations

No comments:

Post a Comment