Thursday, August 18, 2022

Trip Report: Horseback Riding at the Fort (Day 4, Part 2 | December 2022)

 It was almost time for our horseback riding. We were weighted, signed a waiver, and gave our experience. I said beginner. I’ve ridden before, but am pretty anxious. My parents each own a horse and ride a couple times a week.

There are lockers for your stuff. They said we could keep our phones, but we couldn’t use them and they had to be secured. So, I left mine in the locker. Someone did take a couple pictures of us with my stepmom’s phone. My dad’s horse was Denver, my dad’s was Latte, and mine was Vegas. 








It was a nice ride and eventually I relaxed. It was nice to look at all the natural beauty. We even saw a few deer. There was a fawn, but I never saw it. I think the ride would be even better in the morning so the sun wasn’t in your eyes. Vegas was a great horse and I’d be happy to ride him again. 


With our ride over, we continued looking at some campsites. My stepmom took the bus to the loope they wanted to see while dad and I walked. I wanted to stretch my legs after riding. 






I saw some chalk art at various sites with the same initials. I wonder if they knew each other or just someone being nice. It was cool either way. Even though it was early December, a lot of the sites had Christmas decorations.


No comments:

Post a Comment