Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Trip Report: Facing My Fears (Day 5, Part 1 | December 2022)

I had to wake-up early again today. Since I’m the Genie+ person, I was up at 7 AM to get a Lightning Lane for Kilimanjaro Safaris. That’s such a worthwhile LL in my opinion.


We weren’t rope dropping today, but it also wasn’t a late day. My notes for today are also subpar. 


Anyways, I took a bus to Animal Kingdom. Then, I made my way to the Tree of Life to meet up with my parents. I was blessed with a character flotilla on my way. The boat had Chip, Dale, and Goofy. That’s probably my favorite ones.






As I got to the Tree they were finishing up the Macaw show. The birds are beautiful, but they do fly over your head if that freaks you out. 


I met up with my parents and we went to DInoland since the wait for Dinosaur was short. This is still one of my favorite rides, but I can’t ride it back-to-back like I used to. As I get older, I’m more and more prone to motion sickness. 













Then, it was time to be brave. Since I’ve faced my fears on Splash Mountain, I agreed to try Expedition Everest again. My stepmom loves this ride, but my dad and I never ride it with her. I think I last did it when I was in high school and it made me pretty slick.


We rode standby, but the line moved fairly quickly. It does have a very pretty queue with amazing touches. I was kind of a nervous reck. The girl/woman who rode with me was very kind and supportive.


I did NOT have an enjoyable experience. I felt very nervous and uncomfortable. I had to rest a bit afterwards. My dad gave me some dramamine in case that works after the fact. As I rested, a woman almost passed out in the gift shop. The CMs and her family took care of her so hopefully it didn’t ruin her whole day. So, it can be a rough ride.













No comments:

Post a Comment