Sunday, August 14, 2022

Coronado Springs Resort

 I stayed at Coronado Springs for the first time in March 2022. I’ve never been to this resort even to visit or eat in the past. We stayed in a regular room, not in the newer Gran Destino Tower. I wanted to share my thoughts and experiences.

The Resort

Honestly, I didn’t know much about Coronado Springs before going. I knew it was American Southwest/Mexico-inspired. And I always heard it was spread out and full of business people since it's a convention resort.






The original parts of the resort do have that Mexico and American Southwest feel. The Tower is more of a European Spanish theme. Entering the Tower was very impressive and it’s beautiful.


The other three sections of rooms are only two floors and feel a bit more casual. And they are spread out. It would take you about 20 minutes to do a lap around the resort. There’s a lake in the center of the resort which increases the distance. With the addition of the Tower they added bridges across the water. Depending on where you’re going, they could cut some time off your walk.


The Rooms

The rooms are standard Disney moderate hotel rooms. They have two beds and a decent sized bathroom area. There is a bigger desk since Coronado Springs sees business travelers. There’s also a comfy chair which is nice.


The theming is more subtle as Disney has been trending towards lately. It’s mostly bright and white with touches of browns and oranges. There’s artwork featuring the Three Caballeros. 


The beds are comfy and the pillows are very squishy. Those pillows aren’t my favorites, but I know they are popular. I always sleep well on a Disney bed.




The Food

Coronado Springs has no shortage of food options. There’s two lounges, 5 sit-down restaurants, and a food court. Oh, and a pool bar. 


Gran Destino Tower has some more fancy options like Toledo. They also have more Spanish-inspired food options.


The Maya Grill has been around for years. It’s Mexican food and there’s a guitar player performing live music. 


The food court (El Mercado) is a decent size with more variety than most Disney food courts. The food is mostly pre-made so you just pull it off a hotplate.







Transportation

Like most of its fellow moderate resorts, Coronado Springs has one transportation option-a bus. There are multiple bus stops. Each area of the resort-Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas, and Gran Destino Tower-has its own stop. Typically, the Tower seems to be the final stop.



Final Thoughts

So, how do I feel about Coronado Springs?


I enjoyed my stay there, but I’m not sure I’ll ever stay there again. If I do go back, it’ll be to try Gran Destino Tower.


We ate at Maya Grill which I really enjoyed. The food was great-especially the empanadas. More people should check this one out.


I did enjoy relaxing here. There's no balcony, but there are other places to go. One night, we just sat on the sand next to the water. That was one of my favorite nights. I also really enjoyed the main pool. It's huge so I never felt crowded. And the Jaguar slide was fun. It was more thrilling than I thought it would be for a pool slide. There were always a bunch of kids in line excited to go on it so I think it was a crowd favorite.







If you are interested in Coronado Springs, I would recommend it. But I’m not sure you get much more for the price increase from a Value resort. It would probably come down to what type of Disney Vacation you’re trying to have.


Thanks for reading!
Holly 



No comments:

Post a Comment