Thursday, May 30, 2019

Trip Report: Night at Disney Springs (December 2018)

If you missed the last post, you can read it here

After our journey through the Christmas Tree Trail we spent more time at Disney Springs.




We did some shopping including the recently refurbished World of Disney. The store is still a madhouse, but it is harder to get lost in which is nice. I picked up a few things. I did a trip haul on my YouTube channel.



Then, it was time to try the Void. I wanted to do the Ralph Breaks the Internet one, but my parents wanted Star Wars. I do really like Star Wars, but feel like the Ralph one will go away first.

Even with the reservation we had to wait for a long time. First, we waited in line, then we waited inside after signing our waivers, then we waited in a room, then we waited in another room. It was a little frustrating. I know only like 4 people can go at a time, but they need to do something about the boring wait time. 

The Void was a really fun experience. I've never done a VR thing so my bar may be low, but I think others have also praised it. The video was crisp and realistic unless I was looking at my parents. My dad actually had a disembodied arm for a few times. And my stepmom got scared a few times. I don't want to go into too much detail, but there was some height stuff and I basically had to push her. In a loving way. There's a lot more movement involved than I expected. 

Overall, I liked the Void and would recommend it. I would be interested in doing it again, but I am apprehensive of giving up park time to wait in line for a ten-twenty minute experience.

Then, we hit up the Daily Poutine for the Italian poutine. It was good, but not as good as the original. We took in some of the atmosphere and then headed back to the Poly.


We stopped at Captain Cook's for dinner-I think just my dad and I did. He got the Thai Cocunut meatballs which he really enjoyed. I got the pulled pork nachos without pineapple, because the pineapple is gross. It's a dish I've gotten before and recommend.



We tried to catch the electrical water pageant, but got some bad information on when it would swing by the Polynesian. But there would be other nights to check it out. So, we went back to the room and relaxed before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment