Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day 1, Part 1: Getting There

Originally, I was going to spend the night before we left at my apartment, but I decided to stay at my dad's house.



I woke up after a much needed good night's sleep. My parents got up a little later and we were on the road by 8 AM.

We got breakfast at a local diner that we like. While we ate we found out that our noon flight was delayed until 12:50. This did not make me happy but it is what it is. During breakfast I was reading a trip report, because that's the kind of nerd I am.



After breakfast we headed to the airport and we were there by 10. On our way my sister actually drove by us and honked which was cool. She's a college professor and Friday is her late day so this could have only happened this morning.




I thought the airport would be kind of busy but we got through security and were waiting at the gate by 10:45. We were some of the first people there.





In the end, the plane took off about 20 minutes late but we landed at our original time of 2:40. I love when the pilots are able to make up time in the air.



This was my first time flying Southwest and I would definitely do it again. The flight attendants were great and I really liked how they handle the boarding process. Besides you cant beat two free checked bags.

Up next: Magical Express Drama

No comments:

Post a Comment