Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Day 1, Part 3: Park Time and Pizza

Check-in was quick and painless. I walked into the online check-in line and was immediately helped by a very nice castmember.

This is also when I found out that my room had a king bed. Yeah! I was far away from the lobby, but it really wasn't that bad.



My room was almost at the end of the building and I was actually closer to the All-Star Music bus stop and lobby. So I decided to try and catch a bus there. I will say, almost every time I did this I had to wait a long time for the bus.

This was one of the times.

I don't know how long I ended up waiting, but I finally caught a bus a little after five. I saw a bus for every park but Epcot including 2 Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom ones.

I was getting a little frustrated because my parents were already there and we had dinner reservations at 6:30. Now, I am by nature an anxious person and I tend to internally blow things like this way out of proportion.

But everything worked out.

I wanted to buy some Food and Wine Figment stuff and I was worried there wouldn't be enough. While I was on the bus my dad texted me that there was more than enough merchandise.So no worries.



I got to Epcot around 6 and booked it to the Festival Center to meet up with my parents. They were checking it out and finding out how to get their free port glasses for annual passholders.

Once we met up we headed to the World Showcase for our reservations at Via Napoli.

Food and Wine certainly made it crazy and crowded on a Friday evening. It was like playing real life Frogger (something I became an expert at on this trip) to get to Italy. We also decided to avoid Epcot in the afternoon/evening on the weekend now.

We got to check in and were seated pretty quickly.



That restaurant is very loud. My dad has kind of bad hearing so combine that with noise and accents and he was struggling. I became his translator at restaurants.

It was pretty busy since it was peak dinner time and the servers were booking it. Our main waitress was Jessyca. She was very nice and attentive.



None of us had anything to eat since the pretzels and peanuts from the plane so we were starving. This was a pizza place so of course we had to get a wood-fire pizza. We decided on the mezzo metro quattro fromaggi.



Hey, I said we were hungry.



The pizza was good and my parents really liked it, but one of the cheeses wasn't quite my thing. But I would definitely eat there again. And you can't beat how fast the pizza comes out of those wood-fire ovens.



Up Next: FP+ for IllumiNations

No comments:

Post a Comment