Thursday, October 1, 2020

6.4: Surprising Construction (December 2019)

 If you missed the last update, you can read it here.

We took a bus to Disney Springs and ate at one of my favorite places-The Daily Poutine. In addition to poutine I got a watermelon lemonade. It was a slushy which isn’t my favorite, but I still like the flavor. 






We checked out World of Disney which recently had a refurb. Honestly it was kind of disappointing. It was easier to navigate but didn’t seem to have as much merchandise as it used to.


I stopped in the Days of Christmas for a book I wanted. Then, we were tired and cold so we took the boat back to the French Quarter. We ended up having to switch boats, but we got there eventually. 


We were going to walk to Riverside for dinner. First, we went to the room to get our mugs and my receipts to pick up stuff at the gift shop. There also was construction going on in the room next to us. Pretty odd especially since it was almost 8 PM. 


I picked up my packages while dad talked to the front desk about the construction. She was telling us there was no construction, but there definitely was. They even had tools and furniture in the hallway. Eventually she agreed we were right and said it would be done by 9 and wouldn’t be back. We’ll see. They also gave us a half-night credit. They did offer to have us change rooms but we didn’t want to since the trip was almost over. 


Then, we walked to Riverside and saw some horses giving carriage rides. We grabbed dinner at the food court and then headed back to our room.



There was no more construction going on, but it definitely didn’t look like they were done. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow. We were both pretty tired and went to bed quickly.


Steps Walked: 18,917


No comments:

Post a Comment