Thursday, July 2, 2020

Trip Report: Candlelight with NPH (December 2019, Day 3, Part 4)

If you missed the last post you can read it here.

It was about 3:15 when we walked by the American Adventure. The line for Candlelight-even the meal package-was real long. We stopped to talk to the Cast Member and he said not to worry about getting a seat. People just like to line up early I guess.

So, we kept walking and stopped in Italy. La Bufana was finishing up her performance. She was also really good. She has so much energy and passion. This is a holiday story I’m familiar with, but it was still fun to see.

Then, we hit up the bathrooms in the American Adventure. They are huge. And we wanted to go to the bathroom before getting in line. I took some notes while we waited. And they started letting us in around 4:20. We were seeing the 5 PM showing with Neil Patrick Harris. 

I did have to put my scarf on. It was a little windy which made it kind of chilly. I think we ended up getting decent seats. We were on the right side of the stage. The CMs who take care of you/the crowd are great and true heroes. All the ones I saw were older. I think this is on purpose because (generally) older people don’t take any crap. At one point we were told to move in a few inches and these two ladies moved into the reserved section. A female CM wasn’t having any of that. 




I have actively avoided things about the Candlelight Processional so I could have as pure of an experience as possible. Both my dad and I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it. We both want dad and I immediately want my stepmom to see it because she’s more religious and musical than either of us. She will probably cry.




Even if you aren’t religious, I think you can appreciate the performance. The lighting and overall set up was really well-done. I loved the ASL interpreter. He was so into experience and I was captivated by him.

After the show, I was feeling even colder so we went to MouseGear so I could look for a hoodie. It was total madness. I found one sweatshirt in my size, but I really wanted another one I had seen around. So, my dad got in line (it was long!) while I kept looking. And a miracle happened. Someone put the exact hoodie I wanted in my size right as I got to the rack. The checkout line actually ended up moving pretty fast. Christmas miracles all around.

Next post: Finishing a Chilly Epcot Night

No comments:

Post a Comment