Thursday, June 25, 2020

Trip Report: Rose & Crown Lunch (December 2019)

If you missed the last update, you can check it out here.

It was almost time for lunch so we left The Seas and headed to World Showcase. We were doing the Candlelight Processional dining package at Rose & Crown. There was some time to kill so we were able to stop and watch the singers perform in Canada.


After checking in, we waited about 5 minutes to be seated. We ended up outside. It did get a little chilly toward the end of the meal, but not too bad. We’ve been outside in colder weather here before. 





My dad and I are normally just entree people, but the package included an appetizer, entree, and dessert. It was a lot of food! For our appetizers, I got salad and my dad got a scotch egg. He does love the scotch egg. Normally, we both get bangers and mash (that’s the whole reason we do lunch) but apparently we felt like risk takers today. I don’t remember the name of my dad’s dish but he liked it. I think it was braised pork. I got a burger which was pretty good. I got a trifle for dessert and it was good, but complete trash compared to my dad’s dessert. He got the sticky toffee pudding. It was spectacular. Can you go to the bar and just get the pudding?

I need more pudding!










After lunch, we hit up the bathrooms and checked out the UK gift shops. 




Then, we continued around the world showcase and checked out other country pavilions.

We saw France and then Morocco. I really like the aesthetic of the Morocco pavilion. They also had a really interesting exhibit. I like learning about other countries and cultures. 




Next, we checked out Japan. The gift shop was different than I remember. THere must have been a refurbishment and I’m just oblivious. They had a kawaii exhibit which was interesting, but I liked the Moroccan one more.







When we came out of the exhibit, the Japanese storyteller was about to begin so we stopped and watched her. The story is about a New Year’s celebration and something I knew nothing about. She was an excellent performer and very captivating.

If you want to read the next update, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment