Thursday, July 16, 2020

Rope Dropping Galaxy’s Edge (December 2019)

If you missed the last update, you can find it here.

Our plan today was to rope drop Hollywood Studios. My alarm was set for 7:15, but I ended up waking up a little earlier-around 7. I got up, showered, and put on some layers. It was going to be another chilly day.

It took about 5 or 10 minutes to catch a bus and the bus definitely filled up. Security at the park asked about my reusable straws. I definitely think security is more thorough now.

We got through the gates and made our way onto that main street. I have no idea what it’s called. It was definitely crowded and they didn’t want you on the sidewalks at all. That makes sense-the CMs need to work and guests need to get to restaurant reservations. 




Around 8:45, they started walking us back to Galaxy’s Edge. There were tons of Cast Members lining the streets and keeping you in line and organized. At Star Tours, there was a CM with a service dog. The dog was wearing Yoda ears and holding a lightsaber in its mouth. It was adorable and people did stop and take pictures. 

The line for the Millenium Falcon wrapped back to Toy Storyland. Most of the guests were respectful and followed the line.











We were in line for about an hour before getting to ride. I ended up as a gunner and my dad was an engineer. I liked the ride and enjoyed myself, but wouldn’t want to wait in line for an hour again to ride it. 

After our ride, we walked around Galaxy’s Edge. We considered going to the Cantina, but the line was absolutely crazy. We split a blue milk. Actually my dad drank most of it, because I was not a fan. I thought it tasted like a tropical lifesaver which is probably my least favorite flavor.





Kylo Ren and Strorm Troppers were out and engaging with guests a lot. I also tried using the Play Disney Parks app, but was having trouble using it. 

Then, my dad and I both got a Ronto wrap. It was good, but I don’t think it was worth $13. Next, we looked around the markets. It was nice to stop in the little stalls-it had a real market feel.




Next update: More Star Wars!

No comments:

Post a Comment