Thursday, July 9, 2020

Trip Report: Finishing a Chilly Epcot Night (December 2019, Part 4)

If you missed the last update, you can check it out here.

Next, we decided to do stand-by for Test Track. Does anyone else think this is the most boring queue? We did some trivia on the Disney Parks Play App (or whatever its called).



There were some obnoxious teens behind us. They were part of the chorus for the show. I’m not particularly uptight, but please don’t swear and talk about drugs in Disney World-especially when kids are around.

My grandma did text me my daily cat update while we waited in line. He spent the whole day watching impeachment hearings. I like my cat to be educated.

It was a fun ride, but that outside loop was really cold. My hair was all over the place!

We were going to ride Spaceship Earth next with our Fastpass. On our way, we saw the Electric Umbrella was still open. My dad really likes this restaurant and we thought it was going to be permanently closed by the time this trip came. So, it was another Christmas miracle.

We decided to do our ride, then come back for a late dinner. It was toasty warm inside Spaceship Earth which was really nice. It always feels like a nice warm hug coming in here when it's cold outside.I enjoy this attraction but I prefer the Jeremy Irons narration.




Then, we mobile-ordered at Electric Umbrella. I got a kid’s meal and they gave me an extra side and drink, but they let me keep them. I highly recommend kid’s meals. You get so much food for a great price. I love getting the fruit sides and keeping them in my bag for a snack later.


My dad got the brisket. It was a recommendation from Craig on the DisUnplugged podcasts. He said he liked it, but the cheese made it hard to eat.

We hit the bathrooms and then we were off to see Epcot Forever with another FastPass. WE got there at 9 and there were already tons of people. I sat down and started updating my notes.

The torches were lit so we were hopeful Epcot Forever would include the blowing out the torches part from IllumiNations. That’s my dad and I’s favorite part. Spoiler: It’s not there :(

Epcot Forever was good, but not my favorite. And I wouldn’t say it’s a must do. I wish they had the original audio and not re-done with kids’ voices.





After the show, we moseyed on out of the park. We were able to just squeeze on a bus. Then, we went straight to bed. 

Total Steps Walked: 14,677

Up Next: Rope Dropping Galaxy’s Edge 

No comments:

Post a Comment