Thursday, November 2, 2017

Trip Report: More TSA "Drama" & Turbulence

Miss the first post? Check it out here.

After about thirty minutes we decided to head to the gate. On our way, we ran into my cousin, Dan, with his little girl Elenora. They were waiting for his wife Lisa. She was having her own TSA issues. They were going through all the stuff in her diaper bag. I've heard that diaper bags are often an issue when flying. And Lisa is a planner so she would have researched what she could bring.

Once that was all storted it was off to the gate. And and Lisa gate-checked Elenora's stroller and car seat. It was a quick bathroom stop and we were boarding. 

It was awesome because Jorge, Amy, and Areana got to sit right behind us. The other three were a couple rows farther back but still close. 

We took off on time and the pilot said we would probably land early. There was actually a decent amount of turbulence-especially near the end of the flight. 


Flying over Florida was kind of sad. There were so many roofs with tarps on them. I can only assume this is because of hurricane Irma damage.

And we landed 30 minutes early. Wahoo!!!

Most of us headed to the bathroom after de-planing. 

*Holly's tip: don't go to the bathroom closest to the gate to avoid crowds*

There was a slight kerfuffle wiht the stroller/car seat. And not just for us. For some reason Southwest check-checked all the strollers. So all those people (and there were 5-6) including Dan and Lisa had to go to bag check. 



Amy was nice and was carrying Elenora since there was no stroller to put her in. I don't think I'd want to shlep an eight-month old through MCO. 

But we were off to the faux-norail. We did get lucky here because one pulled up as we got there. Amy was a boss making it with a baby.

Dan and Lisa had to go to bag check, but the rest of us could go straight to Magical Express.

I got to ride Amy, Jorge, and Areana since we were both headed to the All-Star resorts. We ended up getting a regular Mears bus, but who cares because we're going to Disney World!!!

Areana and I played the trivia they have on the TVs for you. And Jorge set up a group chat between everyone on the trip for easy communication. And they were notified that their room was ready. Mine wasn't so I was jealous.



It was just after 2 PM when I got off the bus at All-Star Music. Since my room wasn't ready I left my carry on with bell services and went to the bus stop. The plan was to meet my parents at Animal Kingdom. We were the only people planning on going to the parks today.




Guess what happened right after I got on the bus? I got a text that my room was ready! Oh well, what are you going to do?

Up next: Pulled Pork & a Baby Giraffe

No comments:

Post a Comment