Thursday, November 16, 2017

Trip Report: Pandora!

Missed the last update. You can read it here.

We entered Pandora from Africa. I had recorded the experience.

The noise really does change as you walk on the bridge. It makes it feel like you are really stepping into another world. It's beautiful and felt immersive. I've never seen the movie but I can still appreciate it's beauty.




We decided to walk around slowly to take everything in. Plus, we had some time to kill before our Na'vi River journey FastPasses. I enjoyed exploring something new. And we got some PhotoPass pictures.


We also stopped into Windtraders (the gift shop) to look around. Originally, my dad was just going to look at the banshees and buy one later, but then he got in line. I recorded him picking one because I thought it would be a whole process-it took less than a minute.

It can definitely be a longer experience if you want it to be. And the castmembers were doing a great job with the kids.

Dad sent his banshee back to the hotel and we were off to Na'vi River Journey.

Initially, I was a little underwhelmed. I thought it was pretty, but people said it felt like a spiritual experience for them which I wasn't getting.

But as I kept going I felt more invested and found it more than just a pretty boat ride. There's no real story so it's crazy how it can make you feel emotional.

We have another FastPass for it later in the week so we'll see if I still feel that way on a second ride through.

Then, I was hungry so we went to Satu'li Canteen. Again we did mobile ordering and this one went much smoother. 

Dad and I both ordered the cheeseburger pods and the blueberry mousse. Denise got a bowl. It was a chicken and hash with the creamy herb sauce.





The pods do really taste like McDonald's hamburgers which are kind of weird. The chips were different and, I assume, homemade. I did really like the purple ones. I do wish I had gotten the kids meal of only 1 pod. Denise really liked her bowl.

The mousse was good, but I wasn't a huge fan of the passionfruit curd. And it does look a little weird.

It wasn't my favorite Disney meal, but it was nice and I would eat here again.



No comments:

Post a Comment