Thursday, November 9, 2017

Trip Report: Pulled Pork & a Baby Giraffe

Missed the last post. You can read it here.

I didn't have to wait very long for a bus. And the resort is close to Animal Kingdom so it was a short ride.

Leading up to the trip, I was a little worried about security. I thought it was going to be an ordeal. But it was a breeze. I thought everyone was going through the metal detectors, but my parents didn't have to.

I arrived before my parents so I went to the bathroom and grabbed a map. I always get confused in this park when it comes to directions. I tried to hang out in the Oasis. Unfortunately, there were no animals.

About five minutes later my parents showed up. We were all hungry so we did mobile ordering at Flame Tree Barbecue. My parents order went fine, but mine was a little bit of a mess. They lost my order and ended up duplicating their order for me.

Denise and I both got the pulled pork mac-n-cheese. Dad got the pulled pork sandwich. The pork was a little dry, but overall it was good. But that could've been impacted by hungry I was. Also, there definitely could've been more food for the price.



Then, we were off to use our first FastPass of the day on Kilimanjaro Safaris.




This is one of my favorite attractions, but this particular ride was a little boring. Our driver didn't have a lot of flair and the animals weren't very active. I'm guessing it was because of the time of day. 





We did get stopped for a few minutes on the savannah because a baby giraffe thought it would be fun to hang out in the middle of the road.

A couple of rhinos walked crazy close to the truck. It was equal parts cool and terrifying. I mean, a rhino can do serious damage if it wans to. 

Next week: Pandora!!!

Thanks for reading!
Holly 

No comments:

Post a Comment