Thursday, November 23, 2017

Trip Report: The Sky Unleashes Horrors

If you missed the last post you can check it out here.

While we were finishing dinner, it started to rain. We figured it would go over in 10-15 minutes like a normal Florida storm so we sat around for a little bit.
But it wasn't getting better. We did decide to leave because more people were coming in and needed places to sit. We also stopped in Windtraders for ponchos. We don't typically have to deal with rain on our vacations-especially a torrential downpour. My socks and shoes were drenched. It was like my feet were swimming.
We had FastPasses for Rivers of Light. But we weren't sure if it would still happen because of all the rain.
After walking for a bit we got to the Tree of Life. I suggested checking out It's Tough to Be a Bug. I was hoping the storm would blow over while we were inside. Plus, it's a fun show.
The rain didn't stop.
It actually got worse.
It was around 7:30 so we decided to make our way over toward the Rivers of Light entrance to see if we could get a status on the show. We didn't want to wait around all night if it would be canceled.
Let me tell you, that was an adventure. It was raining so much my fingers were pruning. And there were huge puddles that were almost impossible not to step in. 

Animal Kingdom was actually very pretty in the rain, but I was afraid to take my phone or camera out for pictures. Looking back, I kind of wish I had risked it.

Up next: Will we see Rivers of Light?

No comments:

Post a Comment