Thursday, October 26, 2017

Trip Report: Let the Vacation Begin!

Want to check out the Pre-Trip report for some background. You can find it here.

Day 1 was pretty low-key. Actually now that I the whole trip was fairly low-key and easy going-at least for us.

I had trouble falling asleep the night before so of course, I woke up late. This really just meant I was able to blow dry my hair. I was in the middle of brushing my teeth when my parents picked me up.

We got to the airport on time. My dad dropped my stepmom (Denise) and I off with the bags and then parked. He had a reserved parking spot in the garage because he's become spoiled in retirement. 

As I was getting out of the car I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw Areana (my cousin's daughter) running toward me for a hug. She's 10 and this is her and her dad's first Disney visit so they were excited-as they should be. Her parents are Amy and Jorge. We met up with them a lot throughout the trip so you'll probably hear about them a lot.

The five of us waited inside for my dad. We were all on the same flight so it made sense to stick together. When he showed up he and Amy pulled out nearly identical folders with the necessary paperwork for the trip. For now, they were pulling out our respective boarding passes. It's just funny how some behaviors seem to be genetic.

Our group (Dad, Denise, and I) were TSA prechecked, but it was so early we all got through security around the same time. It is great not having to take stuff out of your bag or take your shoes off. There was a little drama because my stepmom had a mini MM container with quarters and pennies in it for the pressed penny machines. It set off some warning to security so we so we had to wait a little while to figure that out.

Then, we grabbed some breakfast and Dunkin Donuts. My parents gave Areana and I each one of the Disney Lip Smackers. We spent some time chatting outside of the airport Dunkin. Most of the family was driving down so we were getting text and Facebook updates from them too.

Up next: More TSA Drama & Turbulence 

No comments:

Post a Comment