Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Trip Report: Meet Charlie! (Day 2, Part 1 | December 2021)

 Buckle-in because this is going to be a long day and probably a long trip report.

Today we’re doing the Christmas After Hours Party, but first we have a day at Animal Kingdom planned. I woke-up at 7 AM to book our Lightning Lane and Fancy Ride (™) for the day. We got a Flight of Passage Fancy Ride (LL) at 12:05 and a Kilimanjaro Safaris LL for 11:50 AM. 

Instead of going back to sleep, I got up and around, drank my tea, and caught up on my notes for yesterday while watching YouTube videos. Then, I showered and finished getting ready. I left the room around 9:30.


A quick bus ride later, I was in Animal Kingdom. We were meeting by the Tree of Life so I headed that way. Devine was out. I almost didn’t see her, but saw people taking pictures. I texted my dad so they would know to look for her.


The Merry Menagerie was out which made me so happy. I didn’t get to see them on my last Christmas trip and have been sad about it since. Those puppets are so adorable and the puppeteers do a great job making them feel alive.





I thought I saw Breedlove from AllEars going into a store, but I didn’t want to chase after him. I watched the puppets while waiting for my parents.


We went into a store after they arrived so I could buy a penguin puppet. I had them take the tags off because he was going to be enjoying today with us. I named him Charlie and may have become obsessed with him on this trip.


Our plan was to have an early lunch so we headed to Pandora and Satu'li Canteen. On our way we saw a character flotilla so we stopped to wave at Chip, Dale, and Goofy.


I got the cheeseburger pod kid’s meal. You only get one pod, but I think it’s enough. I think the next time I go here I’m going to branch out and try out the bowl. We just ate slowly in the very empty restaurant.








Then, we went to Africa, because soon it would be time for our Safaris Lightning Lane. We saw another character flotilla. This time we saw Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto.


We also got a happy surprise in Africa because the drummers were out. They’re one of my favorite things in Africa because they have amazing energy. I’m so glad they're back.






It still wasn’t time for the safaris so we went through the Gorilla trail. Getting to the actual gorillas was hard, because people would just push through. This was better with the distancing and I would hope Disney could make it better. Obviously, people should just be respectful, but that’s probably never going to happen. We did get to see a hippo hanging out under the water.












Then we got in line for the Safaris with our Lightning Lane. After we scanned in I checked the Genie+ options and grabbed The Lion King show for 2 PM.







No comments:

Post a Comment