Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Trip Report: Touring the Riviera (Day 5, Part 1 | November 2020)

 This morning I woke up around 7:40. Fortunately, I felt better. I decided to forego my morning bagel. I don’t normally eat bagels so I thought maybe that was the problem. I also started taking some Mucinex D in case it was some sort of weird allergy thing.


We were having another slow morning so we got around and were out the door around 9:30. The plan was to check out the newest DVC resort: The Riviera. So, we took a bus to Hollywood Studios and then took the Skyliner over to the Riviera. It was nice that we didn’t have to go through security and a temp check. 




Once we got to the Caribbean Beach Skyliner station, we did a little bit of waiting. The Skyliner route to Epcot and the Riviera didn’t run until 10:30 because Epcot didn’t open until 11 AM. In retrospect that makes a lot of sense. Once the line got moving it went pretty fast. It was drizzling on and off the whole time, too which was a little annoying.





At the Riviera we checked in with DVC to take a tour of the rooms. I thought it would take awhile so I stopped in the gift shop. But they actually took us in very quickly. Our tour guide was a nice woman from Brooklyn. It’s always nice to talk to another New Yorker. 



She showed us each of the room types. The Tower Studios is very small, but I could definitely stay there. Would not recommend it for a family. The Grand Villa is obnoxiously large. I mean it’s beautiful, but I can’t imagine staying in a room like that ever. It has a doorbell that plays “Be Our Guest” when you ring it. And there’s tons of beautiful artwork all over the place in the hotel. I believe you can buy some of them in the gift shop.


Up Next: Searching for Remy


No comments:

Post a Comment