Sunday, May 30, 2021

Disney Transportation: Skyliner

The Skyliner is the newest form of transportation method at Walt Disney World. It offers great views while also getting you somewhere. For me, it's like the Monorail where it’s transportation and an attraction.


You can take the skyliner to two parks-Hollywood Studios and Epcot- and four resorts-Pop Century, Art of Animation, The Riviera, and Caribbean Beach. Because the skyliner station for Epcot is at the International Gateway you can walk over from Yacht and Beach club and Boardwalk to use the skyliner, too.


One downside of the skyliner is that you have to transfer to get to the majority of locations. The station at Caribbean Beach is the main hub where you change skyliners. This can add some time to your journey, but the lines usually aren’t that bad-especially if it isn't first thing in the morning. 



Now let’s talk about accessibility. Because the skyliner is constantly moving it wouldn’t be easy to get on with a wheelchair/scooter. Honestly, it can be a little hard to get on or off for anyone. That sounds dramatic and it really isn’t that bad. Just know if you ever do a stutter step, know you aren’t the only one. To make it easier for wheelchairs, some of the gondolas are pulled off the line. This way it isn’t moving while getting on and off. Then, they will put that gondola on the line after you’ve gotten settled. This will cause a short delay/stop for the whole line.



A big concern before it was opened was a lack of air conditioning. I haven’t been there in the summer, but it has been very hot and I’ve never overheated. There are windows on the top and bottom of the gondola so when you’re moving there’s a fairly nice breeze.


I am afraid of heights and was put off by the skyliner until I got on. I do still get a bit more nervous especially during departure and arrival, but I love the skyliner. And I have always felt safe. There have been two accidents, but no one has been seriously injured. I will continue to use the skyliner.


For me the skyliner is an attraction on it’s own. It’s relaxing and gives you some beautiful views.



I also did a video on the skyliner if you want to check that out. I discuss some other things and also show pictures and videos of the skyliner. You can see it here:




Thanks for reading!
Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment