Thursday, February 4, 2021

Trip Report: Magic Kingdom! (Day 2, Part 1 | November 2020)

 If you missed the last post, you can read it here.

Almost 12 hours of sleep later, I woke up. I just got up, ate my bagel, and got ready for the day.


We left the room around 9:30. Today we were off to Magic Kingdom. I always feel like a visit to Magic Kingdom is when the vacation really begins. A bus showed up shortly after we got to the bus stop and we were able to get right on. Our plan going into this trip was to avoid rope drop. A huge part of this was that we were hoping this would prevent issues with catching the bus. So far it was working.


At the park, we went through security which was easy just like Animal Kingdom. The turnstile said “Welcome Home” when I scanned my Magic Band. It also lights up purple if you’re a DVC member. I’m only a member-in-name-only. They’re my parents’ contracts, but this way I get teh perks. And they’ll be mine someday!



The park was already decorated for Christmas.It’s my favorite time of year so I love seeing the Disney Christmas decorations. 


This was also our first in-person look at the new Castle colors. I didn’t love it in pictures, but do like it in person. Do I prefer the original blue Castle? Yes. Am I angry about this one? No.

We didn’t have much of a plan for the day so we looked at lines/wait times. Typically we check both the official Disney app and the Lines app from Touring Plans. 



Big Thunder Mountain Railroad ended up being our first stop. It’s definitely one of my favorites so definitely a great way to start the day. It was a complete walk on. Then, when we got off, the line was very long. Maybe they were doing a cleaning cycle now.



Then, we hopped in line for Splash Mountain. It was a longer line-out near that main walkway in Frontierland-but it moved pretty quickly. We decided to ride it since we were in the area. Dad and I are both a little scared of Splash, but this could be our only time to say good-bey before it changes. I didn’t keep my eyes open during the drop, but wasn’t as scared as I’ve been in the past. 




 I stopped in the gift shop because I really wanted a Brer Rabbit plush. Unfortunately, they didn’t have any. I’m still hopeful I'll find one before it closes.

Up Next: Tomorrowland Fun


No comments:

Post a Comment