Thursday, August 6, 2020

Trip Report: 4.4: A Painful Evening (December 2019)

If you missed the last update, you can read it here.

We checked out the shops on Sunset Boulevard. Sunset Season’s Greetings also played which was nice to see. But my back definitely prevented complete enjoyment. I took some Aleve and tried to rest a little.



I wasn’t almost crying. My back pain hadn’t been this bad in a couple of years. Dad asked if I wanted to just call it a night. But we had Slinky Dog fastpasses and this was our only chance to ride it. I just tried to rest and stretch until our FastPass.

Finally, it was time for Slinky Dog Dash. It was a great attraction, but definitely scared me. I’m a big baby. It did wake me up a little and helped with my back a bit. 


Next, we headed off to Fantasmic. Metal benches are not the best for back pain. IT was a great show, but it’s my favorite night time show. There were some technical difficulties though. John Smith didn’t fly on the rope and Snow White didn’t come out on her barge.

We waited for a lot of people to leave and just waited on those cold metal benches. Some guys came out to check on equipment. And they were just walking on water! Obviously, the water is actually only a couple of inches deep, but I feel so lied to. I always thought it was a deep thing of water. So did my dad.






Once most of the crowd dispersed we headed out. As we walked to the bus stop, dad decided he didn’t want to wait in line and wanted a Minnie Van instead. We got to see the fireworks while we waited.



Our driver dropped us off right at out building. And I was out almost instantly.

Steps Walked: Apparently I didn’t write it down because I was so tired.

Up Next: Late Morning Resort Hopping

No comments:

Post a Comment