Thursday, August 13, 2020

Trip Report: 5.1 Late Morning Resort Hopping (December 2019)

We were having a later morning today. I set my alarm for 9 AM and ended up waking up at 8:30 naturally. We showered and got around. 



The plan was to do some resort hopping this morning. We took a bus to the Magic Kingdom and then walked to the Contemporary. We checked out their Gingerbread display. I picked up a pin. They were having a pin signing at 1 PM, but we couldn’t stick around. My dad bought a DVC t-shirt and bag. The bag would become a hit and get lots of compliments. We did have to carry this around because resort gift shops don’t ship to other resorts. I guess that makes sense, but we had never thought about it before.






Then, we hopped on the monorail and went to my favorite resort: The Grand Floridian. Again, I bought a gingerbread pin. This one was a little harder because there was a long line for the shop in the gingerbread house.





After looking around, we got on the monorail again to head back to the Magic Kingdom. I wasn’t sure about security at the monorail stations but it was pretty painless. Maybe it could get crowded when Magic Kingdom is opening in the morning and everyone is trying to get there for rope-drop. 

We had FastPasses so we headed off to Neverland first. This is a fun and classic ride. I’m sure some think it’s dated, but I love the style and old-school technology. I would love some art in the style here for my home.

Then, we had another FastPass-this one was for Buzz Lightyear. I won again! Honestly, it may not be fair because I’ve watched a lot of tutorials, but my dad could do the same. We did get stuck in that last space room-probably the most annoying room, but it’s fine.



Next, we hopped on the most relaxing ride-the TTA. Space Mountain was down and the lights were on. We saw on the app Splash Mountain and the Barnstormer went down, too. 

Up Next: Checking Out Classics

No comments:

Post a Comment