Sunday, February 10, 2019

Pre-Trip Report (December 2018)

I don't remember exactly when or how this trip came to be. But somehow we talked about doing a big blow-out trip for Christmas 2018. Like actual at Christmas trip.

We figured we should do it up big since this would probably be a once in a lifetime trip. Plus, as my name-Holly-may suggest, this trip would like up with my birthday. My birthday is December 23rd. And this was no ordinary birthday: I would be turning 30!!!

So, it was decided we would stay concierge at the Polynesian. It is supposed to be the best concierge. Then, we saw the price and decided maybe we wouldn't go THAT big. 

No problem. We would stay in the tower at the Contemporary. We've stayed at Bay Lake Tower (my parents are DVC owners there) and the garden wing. One of my dad's dreams is to stay there because of the monorail. 

But then my parents decided to buy another DVC contract-this one at the Poly. And they added me to the contract. So, I'm now a DVC owner. Now, it is their contract so the only benefits I get are a discount and the pride of saying I am an owner. Someday both of their contracts will be mine! (Muhaha-muhaha😈😈😈)

Just to be clear: my brother and sister have no interested otherwise I'd be happy to share.

After that, we booked a lake view studio at the Polynesian for 12/21-12/26. The plan was to go to the last Christmas party. Historically, this was on the 22nd, but this year it was the 21st. Dad and I are the planners and neither of us were comfortable with flying down in winter on the same day as an event we had spent over $100 for. So, we decided to fly down the afternoon/evening of the 20th. Unfortunately, we could not add onto our Polynesian stay. So, we booked a one-night stay at a Boardwalk studio with a Boardwalk view. We always talked about staying here so it worked out.

The plan for this trip was to relax. Other than the Christmas party, we had no plans to go to the parks. We figured they'd be too crowded and stressful.

So, this trip report will probably be a little different: just like the trip.

Who is going:

Me: Holly-29 going on 30 A.K.A. Birthday Girl
Dad: Rick-A.K.A. Mr. Grumpy Pants
Stepmom: Denise-A.K.A. Dole whip enthusiast

Up next: It's finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment