Thursday, February 14, 2019

Trip Report: Day 1, Part 1: It's Finally Here (December 2018)

It's finally Disney time!

We were leaving later in the day than normal. Usually, we take the first flight out of Rochester, but we decided not to this time. I'm sure there was a reason but I can't remember.

Speaking of can't remember-I didn't really take notes so this may not be the most comprehensive trip report.

I spent the morning doing some last minutes packing. I also had to drop my cat, Murphy, off at my mom's place. He'd be living the high-life at grandma's while I was in Florida.

Our flight was supposed to depart ROC at 3:45 PM and land at MCO at 6:30 PM. The flight kept getting delayed. I'm assuming because of the intense rain Florida was having. Flight delays are never fun, but it ended up being a blessing in disguise. 

Around 2 (I think) we got to the airport. We went through security (TSA pre-check is the best) and then we got some food. I grabbed a 6" turkey sub from Subway. Our airport is pretty small and doesn't have a lot of food offerings. But there's been some remodeling lately. Now, they have a Taste of Rochester section. So, if you ever stop by that airport check it out. You'll get to try some Western NY specialties. That is where my parents got their food.

Then, we were off to the gate with the hope that our flight wouldn't be delayed any more. The gate was already pretty full.

Around 4 something magical happened. I got a call from 407 number. Normally, I don't answer my phone, but I took this call.

It ended up being Fort Wilderness calling to tell me our wait-list for a golf cart rental on the 23rd came through. I gave them my credit card information and then celebrated.

If our flight hadn't been delayed I wouldn't have gotten that call. I'm sure they wouldn't have held the cart for us. So, in the end the delay was a good thing.


Eventually, we were able to board and were on our way. There was one male flight attendant who was having a lot of fun.

I took a nap and before you knew it we were landing in rainy Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment