Thursday, February 1, 2018

Trip Report: Bus Drama...

If you missed the last post, you can check it out here.

Welcome to Day 3 of your vacation.

Today was going to have a later start because we planned on meeting at Epcot at 10 AM.

I figured I would wake up at 8 AM, but I kept hitting snooze. Apparently, last night took a lot out of me. So, I ended up getting out of bed a little before 9.

And I forgot to get a knife for my cream cheese, so no breakfast for me on top of running late. I filled my mug with some iced tea at the food court and then went to the bus stop.

The TV thing said the next Epcot bus should be there at 9:26. The line was already out past the chains so I wasn't even sure I'd make the first bus.

I didn't. Just barely.

There was a family of four in front of me that were the first people denied entry. Maybe 5-10 minutes later another bus showed up and we were on our way. The Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios lines were even worse so I'm glad I wasn't going there.

I was a little worried about being late, but my parents were delayed because of monorail trouble.

Now, I want to take a moment to complain. Sorry if that is annoying.

I want to get to the parks as fast as the next person, but buses (and any transportation) is not instant. Just because an Animal Kingdom bus comes when it isn't necessarily needed doesn't mean you can just change it to another park.

Maybe it's because I've worked in workforce management, but I get the logistics behind it all. So, as Kathy Werling from the Dis would say-pack your patience.

Ok, that's it. The next post will be less preachy and complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment