Thursday, February 15, 2018

Trip Report: Eating with the Fishes

If you missed the last update, you can check it out here.

Now, it was time for lunch at the Coral Reef. My parents had eaten here on their last trip. I'd never been before-mainly because I don't like/eat seafood.

We were at the far end of the restaurant, but right next to the tank. The restaurant is tiered though so you can always see the tank.




There was a cool fish we kept seeing which I was calling unicorn fish.

Guess what? 

That's their actual name.

It was hard to eat because I just wanted to watch the fish. I did set up my camera and film a time lapse of the fish swimming by us during our meal.




The bread was just meh. Dad got steak which he said was nice and tender. Denise got the salmon with seasonal risotto which was mushroom. She said it was delicious and light which is nice when its hot.





I got the chicken breast which came with a corn tamale and black beans. I would have preferred it without skin because I don't like chicken skin. And it was a little dry. The tamale and black beans were good.



I don't feel the need to eat here again. It was a decent meal and the atmosphere was fantastic. But there are so many other restaurants I like more or want to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment