Thursday, January 25, 2018

Trip Report: On a Mission for Odwalla

If you missed the last update, check it out here.

This will come as no surprise, but it was still raining. And it was actually getting a little downpoury.

We were both getting pretty hungry so we decided to hit up Sleepy Hollow. This way we could get waffles and my one true love (after Flynn and Rapunzel of course)-Odwalla lemonade. 

But the line was wrapped around the building. Since everything is made fresh, the line can be pretty long with even a few people in front of you.

So, we decided to get out of line and head to Columbia Harbor House. That way we could get out of the rain. So, dad ended up eating here twice today.

We both got the chicken nuggets with fries and frozen Odwalla slushes. So, I finally had some Odwalla in my life. we ate slowly and the restaurant was pretty quiet. Our seat was in a little alcove.






Originally, the plan was to catch the Happily Ever After fireworks. Since it was still raining a lot we figured it would get cancelled. So, I made us FastPasses for Monsters Inc.-there weren't a lot of options.

We stopped at my girl Rapunzel's bathrooms on our way to Tomorrowland. Of course while I'm in there doing my business I hear the fireworks start.

Why wouldn't that happen?!

Dad asked if I want to go around the castle to watch. I ended up saying no because I'd rather see it from the beginning. So, we pushed through the massive crowds that stopped in the middle of the road (insert side eye).

We ended up being the only people in the FP line for Monsters and it was a pretty small group. But we were full of good humor.

My dad wasn't picked as That Guy which was a surprise because he usually is. He was picked to play Mike though. He had some issues being one-eyed so I had to help him out and covered one eye with my hand. Then, we did a late-night spin on the TTA. It's so pretty at night with all the lights. 




After that we were both pretty beat so we called it a night.

So were a crap-ton of other people. Dad ended up walking back to Bay Lake and I took a bush to All-Star Music. I didn't have to wait too long and got to sit which is always nice.

I got back to the hotel. In the gift shop I bought some cream cheese for my bagels and Mucinex for my cough.

I took some notes on the day, took a shower, and went to bed.

Steps walked on day 2: 24, 016

Up next: Bus Drama...

No comments:

Post a Comment