Thursday, December 7, 2017

Trip Report: Bon Voyage!

If you missed the last post you can read it here.

It's day 2! I woke up just before 7 and got around kind of slowly. I also had to blow dry my shoes because they were still a little wet.

I left the room for the bus at 8.


We had reservations for breakfast at Trattoria al Forno at 9. My parents were taking the Minnie Van from the Contemporary. My plan was to take a bus to Hollywood Studios which had Extra Magic Hours. Then, I would walk to the Boardwalk. I've always wanted to do that walk.

The sign at the bus stop first said the next Studios bus would be there at 8:35. Then it said 8:09. It was hoping the second one was more right. It got there at 8:10.

I got to the Studios around 8:30. It was a little hard to find the start of the walkway. It would probably be easier without the construction walls.


The walk took me about 15 minutes to get all the way to the restaurant. 

It was a pretty nice walk, but I did get a little sweaty. Probably not something I'd want to do in the summer. There were a decent amount of people on it-including some rumors. And a lady complimented my Rapunzel ears.




After checking in, we were seated quickly. The restaurant connects to the Abracadabar so we were able to take a peak in there. Our table was in an extra dark part of an already dark restaurant. This made picture and video taking a little hard.



We got a little card with the characters' autographs on it. But it looked like they were still signing autograph books when asked. Their interactions were great.



They'll regularly announce each of the four characters-maybe every 15-20 minutes. While we waited for our waitress, Flynn was announced. he was quite dashing.

We ordered our entrees and drinks. You get orange juice (with refills) with your meal if you want.

Then, we got our pastries in the frying pan. And it's a real cast iron frying pan-I checked. It was actually a lot of pastries. There were three of us and we weren't able to finish them.


 

They announced my home-girl Rapunzel. It was adorable because Flynn came over to meet her and dip her. Then they danced together and were gazing into each others' eyes. It was very sweet and I'm glad to see them. Even now, looking back on it, it makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment