Thursday, October 21, 2021

Trip Report: Park Hop to Epcot (Day 1, Part 3| January 2021)

 Slinky Dog was running again so we used our Fastpasses to ride. It’s a fun ride too, but I won’t lie: it scares me. It’s extra beautiful at night with all the lights.



The wait for Toy Story Midway Mania was only 15 minutes so we got in line. Dad beat me which doesn't happen often. It was only by like 4,000 but he was trash talking anyways.



Next, we made our way to Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. It’s definitely a new favorite attraction for me. It just makes me so happy. 


Then, we went down Sunset Boulevard. I just like taking in the lights of Hollywood Studios at night. 


My stepmom video-chatted with my nephew, too. He was excited we flew on a plane. He’s a big fan of airplanes. 





Epcot was open for an hour later than Hollywood Studios so we boarded the Skyliner and headed over.


We were pretty hungry so mobile-ordered at the Regal Eagle and went right there. I got the North Carolina pulled pork platter with the mac-n-cheese as my side. It was very good and definitely better than the salad I got on my last trip. The restaurant was mostly empty which was cool, but also kind of creepy. 





We finished eating at 7:50 and Epcot was closing at 8 PM. We booked it to Frozen Ever After. As long as you get in line before the park closes, you can ride. So, we thought it was a good use of our time. I do think this is a fun ride, but the line is often too long for me. The barriers for safety do hinder some of the views, too, 



Of course when we got out the park was closed so we wandered over to the International Gateway. We decided to take the boat back to the Yacht Club instead of walking. I love being on the boats-especially at night.



Our room was 2053 and we actually got upgraded from a standard view to a lake view. I really loved sitting on the balcony. That free upgrade and discounted room is probably going to pay dividends for Disney going forward. I’m now a huge Yacht Club fan. I called Bell Services to have our bags delivered.





My parents went to the gift shop while I checked out the room and waited for the bags. Dad brought me a banana-very nice of him since I was denied bananas constantly during our November trip. 


I unpacked and then sat out on the balcony taking in the view and updating my trip notes. Dad joined me and soaked his feet in ice water. He swears by this in Disney and brings a tote to make it easier than using the bathtub. 



Then, I took a shower and went to bed.


Today’s Highlight: Getting to ride Rise of the Resistance


Steps Walked: 16,933


No comments:

Post a Comment