Thursday, October 14, 2021

Trip Report: Galaxy’s Edge (Day 1, Part 2| January 2021)

 My stepmom had to activate her annual pass so I headed into Hollywood Studios while my parents did that. Rise of the Resistance had gone down earlier in the day so our group was called just as we entered. After they got settled, we were off to help the Resistance.






The First Order CM was very intimidating-like they always are. He kept asking about my Baby Yoda shirt. Like how would I eat him: eyes or ears first?


It was of course a great ride. We were in our own car, but there also wasn’t anyone else around us. The whole experience is thrilling in the best way.








When we got out, Smuggler’s Run had a 25 minute wait so we got in line. They put another party on our ship this time. My parents were the pilots and I was a gunner. It was fun, but I think Rise outshines it. And your position can impact the enjoyment level.



Then, we walked to Toy Storyland which is right next door and got in line for Slinky Dog Dash. Right before we boarded, the ride went down. We waited about 30 minutes because we were so close, but at 4:50 we had to call it. We had reservations at Oga’s at 5:05. They gave us a FP to use later which was nice.






We checked in at Oga’s and were seated pretty quickly. They were only allowing you to stay for 45 minutes, but that was fine with us. Our table ended up next to Rex, but I didn’t realize that until we left. We split the Batuu Bites and charcuterie plate. The bites were very good, but the plate was unimpressive especially for the price. 


Denise got the Fuzzy Taun Taun which I tried and didn’t really like. I don’t remember what my dad got. I don’t really drink alcohol so I went with the Carbon Freeze which is a non-alcoholic drink. I really liked my drink, but it was pricey. Maybe if I went to bars more often I would be used to it. Because of the dry ice it was a little hard to drink and you couldn’t put it down on the table, but it was good. I asked the waiter for some coasters and he gave me a bunch. I’m sure people ask all the time.





We finished our food and drinks and our time was almost up so we headed out. We did walk around a bit first which is when I learned DJ Rex was next to our table.


Up Next: Park Hop to Epcot


No comments:

Post a Comment