Thursday, June 18, 2020

Trip Report: Epcot is full of Construction (December 2020)

If you missed the last update, you can check it out here.

For Day 3, I set an alarm for 8:30, but I ended up waking up at 7:45. I got around and took a shower.

It was going to be colder today-around 65 degrees. But there was a sleety snowstorm with 4-6” of snow so it’s all relative. 


We ended up leaving the room around 10. Dad was really liking these later more relaxed mornings. I still like the “go-go-go” mentality, but can appreciate the more relaxed trip. Especially as I have the opportunity to go more often I’m more open to calmer vacations.

An Epcot bus was pulling up as we got to the bus stop. As we rode, dad switched our Spaceship Earth FP+ to the evening. That way our early afternoon would be less full/stressful. It was a tight squeeze between FastPasses and our lunch reservation.

There were so many construction walls! I had heard, but it was crazy to actually see in person.



We decided to try Living with the Land, but the line was way too long for us. So, instead we visited by buddy Figment. The wait was 10 minutes and there actually was a line! I’m glad people appreciate Figment and are giving him the respect he deserves. I did some shopping in his gift shop to show my support. I was able to get a DVC exclusive pin for the Festival of the Holidays, too. 




The Pixar shorts (also at the Imagination pavilion) were starting soon so we headed in there. I don’t know how often these change, but we saw 3 shorts. My favorite was Piper. I almost cried. Next, was Get a Horse. This was classically funny and had a Walt voice. My least favorite was Feast. I didn’t write any notes on this one. I think it just didn’t stand out for me. 


Next, it was time for our The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends FP+. The line wrapped all around the building. There must have been a ride down at some point or something. But the line moved pretty fast. It’s a cute ride, but I wouldn’t want to wait longer than 10 or 15 minutes. 


Then, we checked out the aquarium. I like seeing the animals, but the aquarium glass hurts my eyes. Does anyone else have this problem? The manatees (my favorite animal) were being shy 😭 We were able to see them cleaning some of the tanks. We also got to see a Scuba demonstration in the middle of the aquarium. It was very cool to see. 


If you want the next update, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment