Thursday, June 21, 2018

Trip Report: An Evening of Nostalgia

If you missed the last update, you can find it here.

After letting more of the crowd leave, we were off to the Haunted Mansion.

On our way, we saw my cousin Lisa sitting with her baby across from the Liberty Belle. We stopped to chat and she showed us some pictures of her daughter watching the fireworks. It was very cute. 

Then, some more family came by so we talked some more. We also learned that my great aunt passed away. It is sad, but she had cancer and lived a good life, so we tried not to dwell on it.

We talked some more and then were off the the Haunted Mansion. But the line was all the way out of the queue, so we switched to Big Thunder. We figured we could use on of our DVC-earned FastPasses. We walked over via the wooden walkway along the water. This is our favorite way to go the Frontierland. 

After a fun ride on a runaway train, we headed back to Haunted Mansion. The wait time was still a little long-posted at 49 minutes, but we decided to get in line anyways. Plus, there's the interactive queue to help pass the time. I do really like this attraction, but it does creep me out-especially at night.

Then, we headed toward Fantasyland. I suggested trying Dumbo if the wait wasn't bad. I haven't ridden it since I was six. Apparently, we were doing some classics tonight.

Dumbo was only ten minutes. There was like no line, but there was a delay because the CM heard a weird sound. that's fine because I'm on team "Safety First".


Just dad and I rode. And we decided to sit together for old time's sake. That was a mistake. Both of us need to lose some weight and we were like sardines in a can. It was a fun, but fast ride. I will admit to being a little scared about being in the air.

Then, we decided to go to Buzz because the app said it was a 15 minute wait. It was really a walk-on and we were into Extra Magic Hours now.

At first, I was really sucking, but I pulled it together. I ended up 335,000. I may not be a galactic hero this time, but I am a Space Ace.




After that we were tired so we headed out. I guess I won't be crossing the Kiss Goodnight off my bucket list this vacation.

We did stop and each got a smoothie at Auntie Gravity's in Tomorrowland. It tasted good, but didn't agree with me. 

My parents stopped at the Emporium for some shopping, but I went straight to the bus stop. There was a bus waiting for me and I even got to sit. That was some perfect timing right there.

When I got to the hotel, I just headed to bed because I was so tired. Normally, I try to at least prep for the next day, but didn't have the energy. Gotta rest up for tomorrow.

Steps walked: 13,885

No comments:

Post a Comment