Thursday, March 30, 2017

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical "Review"

Location: Fort Wilderness
Type: Dinner Show
Rating: 5 Stars

Haha...see what I did there?

Horrible attempts at word play.

The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is a family tradition and a must do for me. I'm actually not the biggest fan of the food, but it's a personal preference thing not because of the quality.

This is a family-style all you can eat food situation. You can also have your choice of drink including beer and sangria.




Plus, it's a muscial dinner show with tons of corny humor.


The show follows the Pioneer Hall Players which is made up of three "couples". They sing, dance, and interact with the audience. It's very funny and it still gets me even though I've seen the show almost 10 times. My favorite parts are when the cast comes off stage and jokes with the crowd.




It's definitely a bunch of campy and corny humor. Kid's will like it because the jokes are accessible. This style is definitely my things, but everytime I see the show the audience is lovoing it. So, it's not just me.

The food is fried chicken and ribs with some sides. Usually there's cornbread with honey butter, baked beans, corn, and mashed potatoes. Then, there's strawberry shortcake for dessert.




I don't like fried chicken and ribs, but my family usually likes it. I love the cornbread. This last trip I think I ate a whole loaf by myself. The mashed potatoes were creamy and delicious. Last time the corn looked wierd but tasted fine.



Obviously I like carbs.

Normally, the strawberry shortcake is a favorite, but not this last trip. It was kind of dray and underwhelming.

The waitstaff is always great. They are also funny and full of puns. I love that they keep the show alive and carry the theming even when the cast is gone.

Yes, this is kind of pricey, but I think it's worth it. You get good food and a wonderful show. It always makes me happy and I wish I could be one of the Pioneer Hall Players. Dream job.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment