Thursday, March 23, 2017

Crystal Palace Lunch Review

Location: Magic Kingdom
Type: Table Service (Buffet)
Rating: 5 Stars

On this most recent trip, I had lunch at the Crystal Palace. It was a Sunday and our reservations were at 1:30 PM. I have eaten here before but not in a few trips and only for breakfast. So, it was sort of a new experience. And I was traveling with my dad and stepmom.


We checked in just before 1:30 and were seated in about 10 minutes. It was crowded, but they were cranking people through.


Our waiter (I wish I could remember his name) was amazing. He was friendly and fast, but would talk to the people at his tables. Maybe he was from up north because he had a very New York frantic energy about him. Being from the north that doesn't bother me at all. My only complaint-he kept bringing me sweet tea. I know it's a weird thing to complain about. And it's not really a complaint at all. He would bring me a new tea whenever I was like half-way done. I just ended up drinking a lot more than I normally would.


The food was delicious and definitely seasoned. The broccoli I had was very garlicky and the mashed potatoes had a lot of pepper. It wasn't too much for me, but it was pretty aggressive.


I got the ziti with meatballs from the kids' buffet and I loved it-especially the meatballs. The salad bar was diverse and also delicious. I got the caesar salad and Mediterranean salad.


Typically, I don't eat a lot of meat just because I don't really like the taste. But my parents partook of the meat carving stations. They got several kinds (sorry I don't remember which ones) but they raved about them.



For the most part, the dessert was good. The brownie was kind of dry so I only had one bite. Such a disappointment. The key lime pie and sugar-free raspberry tart were OK and would have been better if they were chilled. But the cheesecake was amazing. I am a cheesecake person, but normally it's so rich that I can't eat a lot. This was perfect. The flavors blended well and weren't too heavy or rich. I wanted to eat another piece when I finished.



Now, onto the characters. I'm not a huge character interaction person. I'm just awkward because I don't know what to do. At Crystal Palace, you meet Winnie the Pooh and friends. So, there was Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger. Just like the waitstaff they got around fast but gave time to the people and kids who wanted to do more. Tigger is always a crazy one to meet and this was no exception.




The character handlers were also great. They took pictures for you and would take several. I also saw a couple do things to make the kids smile in their pictures.

I really enjoyed my time at The Crystal Palace. The characters were entertaining and the food was delicious. Now don't get me wrong, it is expensive. You can find good food for a lower price, but if you are willing to spend the money I recommend it.

Thanks for reading!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment