Thursday, April 1, 2021

Trip Report: Eating in a Downpour (Day 4, Part 1 | November 2020)

 I set my alarm this morning for 8, but ended up waking up at 7. I checked the weather and they were calling for rain around mid-day. Looks like I was packing my new raincoat today. I scheduled our shuttle pick up for Friday when we had a rental car so we could get a Covid test before returning to New York. 


We left the room around 9:30. I’m a big fan of these low-stress mornings where we aren’t rope dropping the parks. We only waited a few minutes for the bus and we got one of the new busses which is very nice.







At the park we decided to do Jungle Cruise first. The line wasn’t supposed to go down for the rest of the day. The wait was about 30 minutes.











Pirates of the Caribbean was next up, but the line was all the way to Frontierland so we decided to skip it for now. With the social distancing in the lines it’s hard to judge if the posted wait times are accurate or not. I’m sure we’ll get better at judging it.


Instead, we headed to Liberty Square for the Haunted Mansion. The Cast Member working the line said it would be 20 minutes, but it was a walk-on. It was a longer walk because the line went around to the River Boat queue area. I’m always up for a ride on some Doombuggies even though I do get a little scared.


Then, we were off to Neverland since we were close to Peter Pan’s flight. This is another queue that goes outside the normal line because of social distancing. I love Peter Pan’s Flight. It’s the perfect classic attraction and always makes me smile. 






We headed back to Liberty Square because I wanted to do the Hall of Presidents. I’m a new fan of this attraction and regret not doing it before so I could know what changes have been made under previous presidents. There was 25 minutes until the next show so we decided to get some waffles from Sleepy Hollow first. Unfortunately, it was at this time that I learned the nutella and fruit waffle is only available for breakfast now. I got a funnel cake. I don’t remember what my dad got-maybe a corndog. While I was in line it started to thunder. By the time I sat down to eat, there was a torrential downpour. It was not the most pleasant experience. But that’s Florida especially when there’s a hurricane nearly by. It’s a memory I’ll probably never forget.



Up Next: Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom


No comments:

Post a Comment